Are you an experienced finance professional looking for the next challenge? Do you speak fluent English, Dutch and German and have experience working with Exact? If yes, read more and get in touch with us!
Our Client, a Japanese company top LED manufacturer in the world, is looking for an Assistant Accounting Manager to join their financial team in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for both Dutch and German market and report directly to the Finance Manager.
For the German and Dutch region:
- Exact Helpdesk function and contact person for customers;
- Monitoring cash positions;
- Applying for credit insurance and archiving Credit Application Form/ Own Risk Forms;
- Back-up for release of payments;
- Providing input to Control Framework/risk management/compliance;
- Assisting in preparation of Audit files (substantive testing);
- Monthly Analysed GM Report;
- Assisting in Semi Annual and Annual Corporate and Statutory Reporting;
- Monthly AR Management Report;
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts;
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT GL accounts with VAT report from Exact and declarations;
- Monthly review of manual journal entries;
- Monthly review of credit note documentation in Sales Binder;
- Monthly review of refund documentation in Accounting Department Binder;
- Monthly monitoring and signing of month-end and reconciliation checklist;
- Accuracy, Completeness of Monthly Closing binder;
- Regular update of off balance commitment overview and completeness of contract binder;
- Accuracy, Completeness of Monthly Trial Balance within set deadlines.
Specifically for the German region:
- Processing Pay-roll in Exact including clearing social security, tax accounts and net salary clearing;
- Month end close entries: clearing booking VAT plus clearing booking VAT payment;
- Month end close entries:
- CIT position;
- Accrued expenses;
- Service fee;
- Pre payment releases;
- Service fees;
- Responsible for VAT master data set up in Exact DE; Monitoring AR master data;
- Validation of credit insurance positions, own risk positions in Exact;
- Monthly check on accurate GL Sales /VAT accounts;
- Monthly reconciliation of pension costs;
- Monthly reconciliation of pay-roll information with Exact;
- Monthly Gross Margin Analysis and adequate follow-up of issues and timely reporting of findings to Manager;
- Market value/discards;
- Monthly goods cycle report from GL and GM report;
- Statutory and Regulatory Reporting including timely and accurate VAT declaration.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Finance or related field;
- At least 6 years of relevant professional working experience;
- Full working proficiency in English, Dutch and German languages is a must;
- A proven capability of performing tasks in a fully autonomous way;
- Excellent computer skills; MS Office and knowledge of Exact are mandatory;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to multi-task work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong personality, positive attitude and cultural sensitivity;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment will be an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.