Are you an experienced legal professional with great negotiation skills? Do you have experience in procurement and contract matters? Are you seeking a new challenge where you can contribute with your knowledge and expertise?
We are looking for an Assistant Contracts Officer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more below and get in touch with us today!
Assisting one or more ESA Contracts Officers in the following tasks:
- Prepare requests for offers/invitations to tender.
- Participate in the evaluation of offers and tenders.
- Prepare and negotiate the resulting contracts.
- Participate in the monitoring of the execution of the contracts.
- Deal with administrative, contractual, legal and industrial problems arising from the procurements concerned.
For the specific support concerning the sale of equipment, satellite systems products and services to third parties (“external services”) the tasks are as follows:
- Handling requests for quotation from external customers (third parties).
- Preparing respective approval requests.
- Submitting proposals to external customers.
- Negotiating and writing contracts with these customers.
- Follow-up executions and administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in law and/or economics and/or management/ business administration.
- At least 2 years of experience in contract matters gained either in industry, law firms, or public administration is required.
- Knowledge of EU Procurement rules is an asset.
- Well-developed soft skills such as integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information, reliability and ability to integrate in a team.
- Customer oriented attitude, strong organization skills and precision in checking the correctness of financial data.
- Talent for the formulation of contractual/legal documents and for negotiations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools. Knowledge of other systems like Lotus Notes and SAP would be an asset.
- Fluent English language skills. Knowledge of another member state language is an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.