Are you a professional with at least 5 years of experience in project support? Are you looking for a new challenge that will give you the opportunity to travel within Europe on a regular basis? If so, this opportunity might be for you! We are looking for an Assistant Controller who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If that sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
- Support in managing the Department’s programme activities and milestones in liaison with the managers in the Department.
- Integrate inputs and provide overview of resource requirements.
- Interface with other assistant administrators and project controllers.
- Prepare and assist in producing programmatic status reporting.
- Support developing and maintaining the integrated planning of the Department resources and calendars.
- Support the preparation and conduct of internal and external audits.
- Prepare minutes of internal management meetings, integrating various inputs, and maintain consolidated action item lists for the Department, tracking actions so that they are discharged in coherence with the established procedures.
- Interact with staff in the Department as well as with other teams in the Directorate in order to plan, facilitate and stimulate the exchange of information, in particular within the Department since this is located in two different sites and therefore requiring efficient and timely exchanges, including organization of ad-hoc meetings, video-conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Identify new topics for cross-site coordination and propose specific actions for harmonization and coordination.
- Collate and organise high-level information related to ESA management, programmes and activity plans in support of wide-ranging interactions relevant to the Future Systems Department.
- Pro-actively manage the internal and external information tools (SharePoint, web pages) for the Department-related internal and external communications, including writing and editing web pages and circular letters, interacting via social media.
- Support handling of documents from local DMS, including their maintenance according to QMS procedures, as well as from DMS’s of external partners and/or industry, from out of paper archives and other sources like ESA libraries.
- Support project controllers in preparation and administration of procurement actions.
- Act as a point of contact for all documentation/administrative tools (DMS, RID system, action item database) used in the Department.
- Support the configuration management and risk management processes within the Department.
- Compile periodic reports from inputs from various contributors for review and finalization by the Department Head.
- Support coordination and organization of Department-level internal and external meetings and reviews.
- Manage the procurement of promotional items.
- Oversee the administrative policies at Department level.
- Handle communications and events of interest for the Department, including conferences, workshops, courses.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution of sencondary studies or equivalent qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in administrative support, writing/editing or other relevant experience.
- Some background in information science and technology, preferably achieved in a computer engineering environment and including some programming knowledge.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, e.g. communicating and interacting within individuals at all levels, and the capability of identifying priorities and handling high workload with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, as well as initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment.
- Ability to travel frequently between sites, namely ESTEC and ESRIN, and flexibility with the working schedule, are required.
- Proficiency in office automation and database software packages and in planning control tools is also required, with ability and interest to learn other applications and tools within an infrastructure based on innovative solutions.
- Experience in an international organization or multi-cultural working environment will be a key asset.
- Interest in technical, programmatic and policy issues of ESA EO programmes, with a desire to learn and ability to think “outside the box”, is an asset.
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and financial processes and experience with SAP and with ISO9001 certification projects is an asset.
- An open multi-cultural attitude, while caring for accuracy on the job and trustworthiness.
- Excellent English language skills, as well as knowledge of another European language.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.