Do you have a good understanding of mathematic-business models for financial planning? Are you proficient in SQL, Oracle, Matlab or Visual Basic?
We are currently looking for a Business Information Analyst who will join Octagon Professionals projects team at European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and multicultural environment, get in touch with us today!
- Contributing to the preparation, maintenance and improvement of Directorate internal and external reporting. Considering the user needs, business process, existing and future IT landscape and the financial and organisational boundaries. Focusing on efficiency gains and strengthen the management decisions processes.
- Based on the above review and propose relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the directorate. Once agreed ensure a high quality implementation and maintenance into innovative visual appealing solutions.
- Supporting the coordinating of efficient use of information’s systems in the Directorate.
- Taking a role as change and implementation champion; advocate for, and facilitate the change, while supporting integration and acceptance of the (digitalisation) changes.
- Interface, extensively, within the Directorate as well as with IT Department.
- Supporting the coordinating of the implementation of the Directorate Knowledge Management Plan in the Directorate:
- Contribute to the development and definition of a Knowledge Management (KM) framework, prepare a related Implementation Plan, and promote efficient KM approaches within the Directorate; including KM projects planning and implementation.
- Provide support to the ESA KM network, representing Directorate as required.
- Analyzing and reviewing the IT SLA, reporting regularly on deviations, proposing remedy actions and improvements as required.
- Implementing ad-hoc tasks that fall within the field of competence, as requested by management, and representing the Directorate in working groups as required.
In more detail:
- To analyse, document, optimize, automate and maintain the Directorate business processes into user friendly solutions and applications;
- To engage and coordinate with management and users to understand their business requirements and processes that IT tools are intended to enable and support;
- To document the process definitions and specific attributes and criteria (as-is), comparing them to the potential and/or planned future and improved designs (to-be) and proposing the necessary changes to arrive at the improved state;
- To ensure compatibility between Directorate’s applications and ESA corporate systems by liaising with the IT Department;
- To standardise the use and governance of IT in support of the Directorate’s strategy;
- To examine particular Directorate’s process, goals and KPIs and assessing how far the currently-deployed technology is efficiently able to support reaching goals/KPIs;
- To determining where changes may increase efficiency and identifying innovative application solutions;
- To develop and implement trainings for the internal teams regarding new tools and processes.
- To support a homogeneous implementation of the knowledge management objectives across the directorate and support the development and implementation of tools facilitating knowledge management process.
- A solid academic background, with a University degree in engineering, mathematics, business analysis or other relevant field and at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong mathematic and statistical modelling skills.
- Understanding of mathematic-business models for financial planning and forecasting.
- Good knowledge of programming (Relational Databases, SQL, Oracle, Matlab, Visual Basic).
- Basic knowledge of SAP and Business Object.
- Knowledge of Corporate Finance, Financial Reporting and Economics.
- Understanding of Information Systems management issues.
- Excellent English language skills.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.