Do you have experience in the area of configuration management and are you looking for a challenging and international working environment? We are currently looking for a Configuration Management Officer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If this sounds like the perfect next step in your career, read more and apply!
- Preparation and follow-up as Secretary of entrusted Configuration Control Boards (CCB).
- Support to processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals.
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system for relevant CM processes and transactions.
- Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control, and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs.
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services of documents and media.
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archive and storage locations and aligning this information in the Documentation and Configuration Management System database.
- Processing configuration controlled document changes and official papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
- Generation and maintenance of documentation and configuration tracking lists.
- Supporting the management of the User Account List to the Directorate’s servers and services.
- Support to users for entering and retrieving documents from various Documentation and Configuration Management related server systems (internally and externally).
- Liaising with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues.
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents and management of original files.
- Providing support to all documentation and configuration related tasks for technical and non-technical reviews.
- Supporting the preparation of CM related requirements and generation of CM related requirements documentation including CCB terms of reference.
- Prepare adequate processes for proper product configuration control in databases.
- Configuration items identification and technical requirements baselining.
- Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control.
- Supporting in-house analysis of contractor and operational engineering processes for establishment and improvement of configuration management measures.
- Supporting establishment, review and monitoring of configuration control methods, procedures and standards.
- Ensuring configuration control methods, procedures and standards are maintained and kept consistent with applicable standards and requirements.
- Supporting preparation formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
- Supporting and participating in Project Reviews.
- Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives.
- Supporting the design, installation and improvements of CM related automated methods and tools.
- Supporting the performance improvement all CM related processes and dedicated activities.
- Supporting to the Directorate Document & Records Officer (DDRO) in discharging relevant functions.
- Master degree in Engineering or Librarianship or equivalent MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- High level of autonomy and pro-activeness, developed communication skills and professional maturity that is required to carry out complex tasks and high level of responsibility.
- Proven experience in Configuration Management in Space Companies.
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the applicable ESA Configuration Management requirements and standards such as MS-ESA-RQ-100, MS-ESA-RQ-108, ECSS-M40.
- Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organisation, of the applicable configuration management working procedures and support tool(s) are an asset.
- Previous experiences in fields like Product Assurance, System Engineering and Production Control are an asset.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel.
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.