Are you an experienced engineer with a knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic & multicultural environment and would like to take on a new challenge?
We are currently looking for Dependability and Safety Support Engineer who will join Octagon Professionals projects team at European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If that sounds like an opportunity for you, read more and apply!
- Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers etc).
- Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (scouting, Research Fellowship, NPI etc.).
- Support organisation of conferences and workshops.
- Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS Toolbox.
- Support preparation of training courses and materials.
- Technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and participation in safety reviews.
- Support preparation and preliminary assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval.
Additionally, you will support the department with the following tasks:
- Contribute to establishing project specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline.
- Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractor’s plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs.
- Support to the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses.
- Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes and the associated preventive or corrective actions.
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria.
- Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items.
- Participating in project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations.
- A solid academic background, with a University degree in engineering or technical sciences.
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground based systems and operations.
- Experience in design and engineering of safety critical systems.
- A hands-on knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.