Are you a Master level professional, fluent in Dutch and English, and experienced in event planning? Are you up to date on EU current affairs, and passionate to work for an EU organization? Please continue to read!
This is an exciting opportunity to join an EU institution in The Hague in the role of Events Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, executing and coordinating events, visits and other joint activities at the organisation.
- Assist visitors to the Information centre, in cooperation with the documentalists of the organization;
- Keep the events calendar of up to date;
- Actively participate in the development and execution of projects initiated by the institution;
- Liaise with departments and civil society organisations that wish to organise events on location;
- Ensure that events logistics run smoothly and timely whilst liaising between all partners (partner organisations, caterers etc.);
- Prepare and create text for websites, folders, posters etc. about the organisation and all activities;
- Manage the website and social media;
- Manage the mailbox & maintain the data base;
- Preparation and/or delivery of presentations and workshops on various aspects of the EU integration.
- Excellent written and spoken Dutch and English at level C2 (ref. language grid);
- Master degree from university or equivalent experience;
- Proven experience in organising successful events;
- Good general knowledge of the European Union (context, values, duties, etc.), EU current affairs and European culture;
- Strong organisational & communication skills;
- Able to work under pressure in order to perform well in this function;
- Good social media skills;
- Work experience in an EU Institution is desirable (considered as an advantage).
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.