Are you an accounting whiz who wants to take on a new challenge? Do you want to take the next step in your career with a prestigious international company? Are you eager to move to an exotic and dazzling locale? If so, this opportunity could be for you! Our client, a well-respected oil and gas conglomerate, is seeking a Head of AP/AR to join their team in Doha, Qatar.
- Support the Treasurer in contributing to the achievement of client’s vision by taking initiatives in improving client’s treasury processes;
- Contribute toward the formulation of strategy, annual business plan, policies and procedures of Finance Department to support organizational business strategy;
- Ensure accounts payable activities in accordance with accounting policies, procedures and controls to ensure timely and accurate payment, capture, documentation and internal reporting of all accounts payable activities of the company;
- Evaluate and recommends effective preventive and detective financial controls and internal compliance processes to ensure financial and payable activities are conducted in line with the Table of Financial Authority and Table of General Authorities (TOFA/TOGA) and International standards;
- Monitor Accounts Payable Aging analysis and ensure timely payment to Suppliers;
- Monitor reconciliations and verify accuracy of accounts and effectiveness of controls;
- Carry out periodic review of Payables reports as per Accounts Payable Procedure;
- Ensure period-end related activities in AR area and ensure all transactions are properly reflected in the ERP system;
- Monitor receivables on ongoing basis as part of cash management;
- Review of Accounts Receivable aging analysis, Customer Advance analysis and ensure proper follow-up measures are taken if and when required;
- Review AR Management Information Report and ensure accuracy and timely submission;
- Review and administer AR procedures and ensure the procedures are adhered to by the team;
- Evaluate and recommends effective preventive and detective financial controls and internal compliance processes to ensure financial and receivable activities are conducted in line with the Table of Financial Authority and Table of General Authorities (TOFA/TOGA) and International standards;
- Monitor reconciliations as required by the accounts receivable procedures and ensure accuracy of accounts and effectiveness of controls.
- Master’s Degree in Administration / Finance or Accounting from a recognized university preferred;
- Professional Certification such as CPA/ CA is required;
- Knowledge of IFRS, IAS, SOX 404 preferred;
- 10-12 years of experience in Accounting, of which a minimum of 5 years should be in a similar position;
- Current experience working in the oil and gas/petrochemical industry is required;
- Accounts payable/ receivable skills must have been demonstrated in previous jobs and/or assignments;
- Working knowledge of International payment terms and standards;
- Competency in general ledger reconciliations and controls;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
Does this sound like your dream job? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.