Are you a Senior Security and Architecture Specialist with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment where there is never a dull moment? Are /you Flexible and adaptive with a focus on execution and a desire to overcome challenges and find solutions?
Our client, a cutting edge data network provider for the R&E community, is looking for a Head of Security Strategy and Architecture to join their team in the Amsterdam Area. Do you think you have what it takes? Read on for more information!
You will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive, system-wide information security strategy to ensure information assets are adequately protected. This includes aspects of corporate and regulatory compliance, administrative functions, risk management, as well as physical and technical security of corporate IT infrastructure, client’s backbone network systems, and broader community information security matters.
The majority of the work will involve:
- Managing an ongoing, accurate and comprehensive baseline, using best practice techniques, of information security capabilities;
- Determine the optimum strategy and target operating model for information security across the full scope covered by the role. This model should ensure the best possible and demonstrable value for money to keep the organisation and its environment safe in the most cost effective way;
- Devise and implement a strategy to maintain a service design and delivery capability so that client can identify and exploit further revenue streams for its information security services both within the community, and beyond;
- Keep abreast of emerging security best practices, technologies and threats to continually refine and improve the target operating model;
- Devise and implement a fit for purpose hierarchy of controls to include policies, procedures, local instructions, and such other standard documentation. Ensure these remain in alignment with the information security strategy at all times;
- Define and deliver an education and awareness programme to support the implementation of the information security strategy and hierarchy of controls;
- Overseeing and/or assisting in performing on-going security monitoring and continuous improvement of information systems including risk assessment, gap analyses, new security capabilities, assessments and recommendations
- Masters (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field;
- Significant experience in a large, complex environment with primary focus of activities in information security, with experience in a senior strategic leadership role with information security;
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside of Europe;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to lead the development/adoption and collaboratively enforce comprehensive information security policies, procedures and standards;
- Broad and current understanding of security risks and controls;
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with IT/IS functions to establish pragmatic/optimum security infrastructure solutions to identified risks;
- Proficient in taking complex/technical subject matter and refining/presenting to the business at any level so as to result in understanding and appreciation;
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSK, PCI DSS qualifications;
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001, Data Protection and other regulatory environments
- ITIL V3, CobiT, COSO, ISF.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.