Are you a seasoned professional with a solid technical background? Do you have experience in technical and business process analysis? Are you enthusiastic about the Aerospace industry? Octagon Professionals is currently looking for an ICT Engineer to join the European Space Agency in Noordwijk. If you are seeking a new challenge where you can share your knowledge and enjoy the perks of an international environment, this is an opportunity that you cannot miss! Read more below and apply!
As an ICT Engineer, you will be reporting to the Corporate Business Process Manager, and will be responsible for the corporate supervision of IT related corporate processes. Furthermore, you will support IT corporate processes evolution and rationalisation.
Your main responsibilities:
- Manage processes and tasks relevant to the projects/activities, ensuring deliverance within restrictive timescales and in line with the IT Department’s business model;
- Perform business and technical analysis for potential Customer needs;
- Produce requirements and project documentation in close liaison with the Customer and in line with the IT Department’s QMS and project management procedures;
- Propose and present technical and architectural propositions;
- Prepare and present project management plans, Statements of Work, and other relevant documents;
- Fully analyse service providers/partner solution proposals in terms of “best practice”, technical quality, technical and architectural proposition, and financial cost effectiveness;
- Ensure that 3rd party suppliers/service providers deliver within contract terms, through effective management, planning, communications and maintenance of SLAs/KPIs;
- Maintain a close liaison with service providers/partners for delivery, regularly communicating status and progress throughout the projects;
- Plan for and manage handover to operations, in line with project delivery plans;
- Planning, controlling and reporting financial aspects related to projects;
- Actively participating in contract negotiations, tenders and audit related activities;
- Liaising with ESA Administrational staff in Finance/Contracts/Procurement/HR for work related aspects;
- Working with team/IT Department members on joint Customer and Corporate infrastructure related activities/projects;
- Perform technical activities related to Launch Campaigns;
- Provide Technical IT support to Customer, Corporate and Industry based project/activities;
- Supervision of the O/S imaging processes both in Mac and windows environments;
- Proposing improvements to the internal workflow to ensure a regular update and validation of the O/S images;
- Supervision of the SCCM processes for all corporate devices;
- Proposing SCCM process improvements to comply with corporate policies;
- Support the analysis of the corporate ticketing system to identify areas of improvement;
- Support the revision of IT corporate policies.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology or a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional working experience;
- 4+ years of experience with similar tasks;
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of ESA IT policies and regulations;
- A broad knowledge of IT service management principles;
- A proven capability of performing tasks in a fully autonomous way;
- An aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international and challenging environment;
- Proven team management experience is considered an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.