Are you an experienced IT professional with expert knowledge in technical and business process analysis? Are you looking for a new challenge and international working environement? Octagon Professionals is looking for ICT Engineer who will join the Internal Services Directorate (HIF) in European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more and apply today!
The HIF-ITT section is responsible for supporting technical IT tasks, mainly at ESTEC. These tasks range from support to launch campaigns to tasks such as IT Security as well as laboratories.
You will be reporting to the Corporate Business Process Manager and will take responsibility for optimal selection of ICT suppliers and ICT products to ensure the best usage of resources and technology for the Agency. Detailed tasks to be carried our for this position are specified below.
- Overseeing ICT market trends with focus on IT Infrastructure providers for Computer Hardware, Software and networking products;
- Analysis and assessment if trends in the ICT market, build and maintain relationship with ICT market leaders to understand and report on innovative technology to the management;
- Monitoring the product line up and future product roadmaps of exiting ICT suppliers for the agency;
- Analyze and utilize for the agency the competitive developments of key ICT vendors in market;
- Engage in regular meetings with ICT vendors and suppliers for price Negotiations;
- Manage processes and tasks relevant to the projects/activities, ensuring deliverance within restrictive timescales and in line with the IT Department’s business model;
- Perform business and technical analysis for potential Customer needs;
- Produce requirements and project documentation in close liaison with the Customer and in line with the IT Department’s QMS and project management procedures;
- Propose and present technical and architectural propositions;
- Prepare and present project management plans, Statements of Work, and other relevant documents;
- Fully analyse service providers/partner solution proposals in terms of “best practice”, technical quality, technical and architectural proposition, and financial cost effectiveness;
- Ensure that 3rd party suppliers/service providers deliver within contract terms, through effective management, planning, communications and maintenance of SLAs/KPIs;
- Maintain a close liaison with service providers/partners for delivery, regularly communicating status and progress throughout the projects;
- Plan for and manage handover to operations, in line with project delivery plans;
- Planning, controlling and reporting financial aspects related to projects;
- Actively participating in contract negotiations, tenders and audit related activities;
- Liaising with ESA Administrational staff in Finance/Contracts/Procurement/HR for work related aspects;
- Working with team/IT Department members on joint Customer and Corporate infrastructure related activities/projects;
- Perform technical activities related to Launch Campaigns;
- Provide Technical IT support to Customer, Corporate and Industry based project/activities.
- A Master’s Degree in Information technology and a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional working experience with ICT vendors;
- Expert knowledge and profound experience in technical and business process analysis;
- Proven technical knowledge of bespoke/commercial/ESA systems and applications, productivity tools, hardware platforms and tools, virtualised/cloud environments, network/communication environments, diverse IT infrastructures, IT security principles;
- Proven project management and organisation skills, including monitoring time and expenditures;
- Experience in issuing Request for Quotations and Tenders to test the ICT market and select the optimal suppliers for the agency as well as in participating in Tender evaluation to support the board while selection of suppliers;
- Deep knowledge of the ICT market, with specific focus on IT Infrastructure products like PC, Laptops, Servers, Workplace related Software;
- Understanding of Enterprise grade ICT products;
- An aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international and challenging environment;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of SAP is considered an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.