Are you an Engineering or Science graduate with at least four years of work experience? Are you passionate about the Space industry and would like to join a global and dynamic organization? Octagon Professionals is currently seeking a Knowledge Management Engineer to join the European Space Agency in Noordwijk. Do you have international experience in project management and KM policies? This might be your opportunity! Apply today or get in touch to know more!
Under the direct authority of the Head of Corporate Development, you will contribute to the development and implementation of the projects and activities that are part of the ESA’s Knowledge Management (KM) roadmap, including KM projects planning and implementation.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development and the implementation of the ESA KM roadmap and the implementation of EDAS;
- Supporting the definition, the design and the implementation of new KM related projects in line with the strategic objectives and directorates’ needs;
- When appropriate, liaising with contractor companies in charge of KM projects to ensure the duly and timely implementation of agreed requirements;
- Generating and maintaining the ESA knowledge taxonomy;
- In close collaboration with the relevant stakeholders and process owners, supporting the identification of requirements from the directorates; maintaining KM tools accordingly:
- Supporting the evolution of the KM Toolkit by identifying the best suiting technological platform fulfilling the requirements of the ESA Knowledge HUB; inclusion of the “ESA Taxonomy” and relevant contents in the HUB; supporting selected Directorates in their implementation of KM policy and related processes and tools including the installation of Directorate KM Portals” on different business units on demand;
- Monitoring user engagement and content curation related to KM tools;
- Maintaining and updating the information repository catalogue, that is, an inventory of the master sources of information at ESA;
- Supporting the development of an expert directory;
- Supporting the development and implementation of the enterprise search engine, as user representative;
- In collaboration with and in support to HR, contributing actively to ad-hoc HR related projects e.g. competency management, learning and development, training function;
- In collaboration with ESA Corporate IT, analysing and testing KM related IT solutions and tools; monitoring their use and measuring their effectiveness;
- In cooperation with ESA Communication Office, promoting actively the importance of KM by developing KM awareness programs to inform staff and external customers of KM resources and systems; contributing to the outreach and promotion of ESA’s KM programme;
- Supporting the development of the necessary procedures to promote KM in a systematic way and ensuring compliance with ISO 9001:2015.
- Supporting knowledge capture activities;
- Supporting the work on opening ESA library worldwide by identifying materials that can be published, suitable platforms and creating the necessary governance for maintenance and update;
- Coordinating the organization of events, such as KM workshops and conferences;
- Supporting the implementation of an ESA KM policy; analyzing innovative KM solutions and run studies on state-of-the-art methods on KM, including benchmarking of other organizations;
- Supporting the maintenance of KM software and servers.
- Master degree in Engineering or Science;
- At least 4+ years of relevant working experience;
- Experience with KM policies, procedures, tools and practices; a specific experience in project management is a must;
- Experience in an international environment; in project management and communication;
- Capability of establishing and maintaining high level interfaces within and outside the Agency;
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks and ability to manage his/her workload, identifying priorities and strategic actions and dealing with colleagues in the Unit; ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another Member State language is an asset;
- Good communication skills, verbal (in public and during formal meetings) and written; ability to work in a team.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.