Are you a seasoned Project Controller with professional experience in space related projects? Octagon Professionals is looking for an English speaking Project Controller to join the European Space Agency in Noordwijk. If you are eager to join an international and fast-paced environment, read more below and apply!
As a Project Controller, you will contribute to the smooth operations of the Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure, with particular emphasis on the control and administrative support functions necessary to execute activities and Programmes under the remit of the Technology Programme Office.
Moreover, you will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of the Business Control and Administration Manager supporting the Technology Programme Office.
As a Project Controller, your responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans;
- Assisting in the definition of related work/procurement plans and contract actions plans using local tools;
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation and controlling of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans;
- Reviewing of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost-at-Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- In the field of procurement and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the tender actions;
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis;
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required;
- Monitoring of timely implementation of actions related to procurement.
- In the field of programme industrial return:
- Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities;
- Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- Support to the responsible entity in the definition of new and existing processes and tools and production of related documents;
- Support the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process;
- Assist the BCAM in implementing a pro-active control function, through:
- Proper cost and commitment planning, with regular reporting and related mid-term reviews to facilitate the timely initiation of the agreed work / procurement plans;
- Monitoring the execution of activities flagging deviations and reporting on the main causes
- Coordinating internal resources and activities;
- Interfacing with line management and stake holders;
- Performing analysis and preparing reports (including drill down reporting, statistical analysis and trend analysis) and presentation material as necessary.
- Contribute to the preparation of management and coordination meetings and support them on an ad/hoc basis;
- Ensure all processes documentation is in place and up to date and provide the necessary support and training to colleagues and newcomers;
- Collaborate in the continuous improvement of the existing processes, methods and tools.
It is a must to have:
- Master Degree in Engineering or Business Administration;
- 4+ years of previous relevant working experience;
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required;
- Excellent analytical, organisational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Solid proficiency in IT tools (including high proficiency in support tools/databases of standard office software packages and in particular advanced use of Excel). Experience with SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules as well as familiarity with ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-p) would be an asset;
- Ability to manage large and complex data sets and to synthesize information;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus;
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment;
- Previous experience on supporting the management of Technology Programmes as well as on Agency’s practices would be a distinct advantage;
- Proficient in the English language.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.