Do you have experience in project management? Are you passionate about the aerospace industry? Octagon Professionals is currently looking for an autonomous and seasoned Project Controller to join the international environment of the European Space Agency. If you have experience in control and/or management of activities and resources, apply for this vacancy and let’s get in touch!
As a Project Controller, you will be responsible for Project Control and Administration activities within the Copernicus Space Segment Programme. As such, you will be assigned to and directly support one or more Copernicus projects and will liaise closely with the Copernicus Space Segment Programme Controller and the related services inside and outside the Directorate. Furthermore, you will report hierarchically to the Head of the Copernicus Project Control Section in the Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to one of the Copernicus Sentinel Project Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on status of the Cost At Completion, including annual cost plans and manpower planning, identifying potential problem areas;
- Monitoring of financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- Preparation, administration and monitoring of Copernicus procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc.) withinESA SAP system (esa-p) as well as other tools as required. In particular:
- Preparation of SAP Shopping Carts.
- Timely managing of all GRNs of the assigned project(s).
- Creation and maintenance of milestone payment plans to ensure the planning is up-to-date in esa-p and in related files as required.
- Reports on financial status of procurement and internal cost of project as required.
- Support in maintaining financial or procurement databases such as geographical return and cost plans, actuals and deviations;
- For all management, programmatic and financial related aspects: contributing in the preparation of tender and contract change documents; supporting in the evaluation of proposals and of the Change Control /Review Boards;
- Interfacing with industry on all financial and administrative matters;
- Support the Copernicus Project Control Section in the introduction of new administration procedures/tools;
- Assist in the preparation of project(s) audits;
- Supporting the Project Control and Management Support Office in the efficient utilisation of the corporate SAP solution for all the applicable processes, analysing problems and finding solutions;
- Supporting the Project Control and Management Support Office in coordination with corporate organisation units in designing and producing valuable Management-Reports with respect to the Finref SAP solution.
- Master Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering or business administration/commercial field;
- 4+ years of experience in the disciplines related to the tasks described;
- Knowledge of computer systems and information/planning/coordination tools is essential;
- Relevant experience in the Administration and Control of projects; in the use of planning and project control tools and in budget and accounting software and databases;
- Significant experience with SAP system is a must;
- Fluent English;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment;
- Good judgement, integrity and good communications skills.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.