Are you an experienced professional in quality management? Do you have a passion for aviation regulations and policies? Our client, a non-profit organization, is looking for a Quality and Compliance Manager and Regulations Specialist to join their multinational team in Hoofddorp!
In this position you will perform quality management and also be the focal point for regulatory expertise within the organisation. You will be joining an international-minded organization and will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge within the aviation industry!
If you are looking for the next step in your career, this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Read more below and don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Your main responsibilities:
- Maintain and continuously improve the organisation’s Quality Management System, the Quality Manual and the Procedures Manual;
- Ensure effective management of all quality and compliance-related issues within the organization;
- Report to the Director at least quarterly during formal Quality Management Review/Evaluation Meetings;
- Ensure that the organisation remains compliant with all applicable laws, both existing and upcoming, including the new “General Data Protection Regulation Law”;
- Conduct internal Compliance and Quality Assurance Audits throughout the organisation in line with:
- EASA Virtual Academy technical specification criteria;
- The ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS Assessment Guidelines;
- The high-level Criteria for ICAO Regional Training Centres of Excellence (RTCE);
- EASA RITO requirements;
- CKRBO requirements (official Dutch registry for educational centers).
- Compliance and Quality Assurance Audits include preparation and briefing of staff, and performance of internal audits including observing the operation of all departments as well as training courses, and debriefing, reporting, recording findings and following up action items;
- Take a leading role in raising the levels of understanding and awareness of the QA and QMS within the organization;
- Carry out risk assessment and hazard management activities;
- Stay abreast of all awards and recognitions possibly applicable to the organisation, and ensure it expands its list of accreditations and prizes;
- Continuously liaise with all focal points within the organisation in order to provide expert input from the regulatory perspective;
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory developments; remain knowledgeable on the EASA regulatory framework;
- Responsible for finding new potential instructors (incl. participating in recruitment process);
- Deliver training courses periodically as needed;
- Review content of course material developed and updated by external course developers/instructors, in liaison with the Course Development Unit (CDU) Manager.
- University degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Aviation Law & Policy or other relevant disciplines;
- 7-10 years of experience working with aviation regulations;
- Experienced regulatory course instructor within a multi-cultural environment is an advantage;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priority at one time;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an advantage;
- Demonstrate general knowledge of EASA Implementing Rules (IRs) issued under EC Regulation 216/2008 as well as ICAO SARP’s is a must;
- Detailed applicable knowledge of ISO 9001-2015 standards and requirements including Quality Assurance for educational/training organisations is an advantage;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the requirements of a safety management system (SMS);
- Demonstrable ability to conduct (internal) audits and produce accurate reports.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.