Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity in the field of finance and accounting? Would you be interested in joining a rapidly growing international and multilingual team and contributing to its success in Europe?
Our client, one of the major trading houses in Japan, is looking for an Accountant to join their office in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for the preparation of monthly/annual financial statements, arranging and tracking all payments, and together with the external accounting advisers, develop the internal accounting system.
Sounds interesting? Read more below and apply!
- Preparation of the monthly/annual financial statements within the required time frame;
- Develop the internal accounting system (“HKBS2”) based on advice from outsourced accounting company;
- Facilitate and complete monthly booking procedures;
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis;
- Assist with (internal/external) financial and tax audit;
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements;
- Arrange payment with management authorization;
- Prepare information for payroll and its related arrangement;
- Prepare documents for financial transactions;
- Tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders;
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Fluency in English is a must (Dutch would be considered a big advantage);
- Educated to the Bachelor’s degree level or higher, preferably in the field of accounting or finance;
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting or finance (CPA a plus, but not required);
- Strong understanding of accounting theory;
- Experience in the international trading field is preferred;
- Highly detail-oriented, organized and able to meet assigned deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented mind;
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily directions from managers to accomplish objectives;
- Proficiency with e-mail and Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies;
- Challenge on new tasks to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.