Octagon Professionals is constantly looking for the top talent available, who have a passion for space and/or space technology and is interested to join Octagon for projects at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, The Netherlands (ESTEC).
ESTEC is a driven and technically strong organization, which seeks further additions to their teams in highly qualified, experienced professionals with an open mind, who can act independently and have the courage to challenge the limits and deliver the greatest value.
If you have over 2 years of relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join the technical ‘heart’ of European space activities, let us know!
Please contact us for further information on +31 (0) 70 3249 300 and/or send your application/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects/programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plan using local tools as applicable.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required.
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium-term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Reviewing/checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost-at- Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support for the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
- Support the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Support for the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement work plans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
- Ensuring that the above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools.
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information.
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
In the field of programme industrial return:
- Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of the relevant Industrial Return database to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities.
- Verification of coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data.
- Maintenance of a list of specific compensation or improvement measures and follow-up the implementation.
- Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Engineering or Business Administration;
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the space industry;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken;
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at the appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the department.
- Reliability, rigour and initiative in the execution of the assigned work.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle the high workload.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as a user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules is an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.