Are you a finance professional? Do you have experience handling large and complex data sets?
We are looking for an Assistant Controller who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
You will be assigned to the Financial Management Section of the Directorate of Technology, Engineering & Quality (D/TEC) and will be responsible for:
- Coordination and consolidation of in-year and multiyear resource plans.
- Multi-year analysis, historical trends.
- Proactive Programme/Project controlling, analysis and reporting.
- Interfacing with counterparts in other Directorates, such as finance/corporate controllers/project controllers, as well as within D/TEC.
- Interfacing with Directorate’s Business Controller Administration Managers.
- Third-Party Activities.
- Monitoring and control of Service Level Agreement.
- Proactively contributing to the definition, implementation and improvement of management support processes, methods and tools.
- Contributing to the multiyear performance assessment and specific analysis of the Directorate.
- Supporting colleagues in the team to ensure smooth operations and continuous high standard of service to internal and external customers.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills with the ability to manage large and complex data sets.
- The ability to synthesize complex information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a balance of assertiveness with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- A results-oriented and proactive approach.
- Excellent communication skills, and be client-focused.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, whilst being a cooperative team player in a diverse and international team.
- SAP knowledge is considered a distinct asset for the position.
- Experience in the creation and development of Tableau dashboards.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.