Are you a professional with a background in procurement and accounting? Do you have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience?
We are looking for an Assistant Project Controller who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Support the preparation of Request for Tender.
- Support the contract coordination activities with the ESA Contract.
- Support the preparation of contract changes as documents and perform their implementation in esa-p.
- Ensure the correctness of the process by carrying out reviews on Statement of Work, deliverables and KPI.
- Support the process for presenting the Services proposal to the technical Responsible(s) and the Contract Officer(s).
- Monitoring of the recruitment process.
- Register all contract information in databases.
- Create a contract/Contract Change Notice (CCN)/Work Order (WO) in esa-p.
- Update THREAD with contractor information (Manpower Assignment-MAS, Service) and verify completeness with internal workforce database.
- Participate in the ESTEC Frame Contract Operations Board to provide inputs.
- Prepare the monthly expected GRN based on forecasted costs and TCAR estimated amount.
- Complete the consolidation of all manpower contracts (e.g. end of the year, contract closure/modification, ad-hoc actions).
- Prepare and provide several reports on contracts (e.g. status of contracts vs budget, amount committed, accrued, invoiced, etc) and analyse trends and deviations.
- Support badge process for contractors.
- Update the contractor’s workforce database and closely monitor the evaluation.
- Support the interview process for MAS contractors e.g. by preparing the list of contractors, the schedule of the interview(s), meeting room reservation(s), security entries, accompanying contractors, staff etc.
- Ad hoc reporting.
- Update the manpower contract processes.
- Suggest improvements in processes and tools e.g. workforce Database.
- Support recording activities where required incl. excess hours, launch campaigns and special working arrangements.
- Support information and reporting for managerial accounting issues.
- Prepare reports on budgeting vs actuals and analyse the deviations.
- Support knowledge management activities.
- Support the evolution of QMS procedures.
- Support preparation and recording of minutes for internal meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering or similar field.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Work experience within multicultural and international environments.
- Strong problem solving and result driven approach.
- Strong ability to work independently and within a group.
- Very good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work under short delivery notice on multiple related activities.
- Knowledge of procurement process.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and managerial accounting.
- Very good knowledge of excel, and word.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Good knowledge of esa-p and other ESA ERP (Enterprise-Resource-Planning) tools eg workforce management and budgeting is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the THREAD tool is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.