Are you a passionate Big Data Engineer and open for a new challenge? Do you live in the Amsterdam area and do you have at least 3 years of relevant work experience? If so, read further below.
We are looking for a Data Engineer that is able to store and analyze Big Data whilst gaining the maximum value out of the data. You will advise the best way to design and develop our client’s data architecture. Depending on the customer’s demand this can be by creating a real-time report and dashboard and/or combining different internal and external sources.
- As a Big Data Engineer, you will support to further develop the Data warehouse and Business Intelligence environment;
- You are responsible for the entire information provision (data modeling, ETL processes);
- You are responsible for the development and the daily management of the platform
- Take care of the mapping of information flows and good integration with the used Hadoop platform;
- Ensure timely and complete integration of the latest software components /features for the data ingest, data transformation and data integration;
- Translating strategic and functional issues to big data solutions that meet the needed requirements;
- Advise and guide users in the use of big data solutions, with the aim of making the right choices.
- Graduated with a Master’s degree (like Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Science or Technical Business Administration);
- You have 3 to 6 years of experience in a Big Data / Analytics environment;
- You have gained practical knowledge of one or more of the following relevant technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce);
- You are familiar with concepts like Data Warehousing, Data Lakes and the use of database platforms and tools like Oracle, Informatica, MS SQL Server;
- You have good communication skills and are capable of providing appropriate solutions in consultation with the client;
- Relevant certificates (Spark, Hadoop / Cloudera or CBIP) is a plus.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Data is a full-service Data recruitment services firm with experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals in Business Intelligence, Data Science and Data Engineering allows us to offer flexible solutions customized to individual needs.