Are you a Configuration Management professional? Do you have experience within the space industry?
We are looking for a Configuration Management Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Analyze and contribute to the specification of relevant processes for Segment and System CI identification, verification and control in support of NAV engineering activities;
- Support implementation and maintain programmatic, contractual and technical Baselines;
- Contribute to the generation of product documents such as Product Tree, CIDL, ABCL, CSAR and CSR (Configuration Status Report);
- Follow-up and document product configuration evolutions from as-contracted, as-designed, as-developed, as delivered, as-deployed, as-installed to as-operated;
- Perform configuration audits, inspections and CI identification;
- Configure, operate, report from and improve CM databases.
- Prepare and follow-up as secretary of an entrusted Configuration Control Board (CCB) including improvement of the CCB Terms of Reference;
- Support processing and disposition of CCB documents for review and approval including improvement of the relevant DMPs (Document Management Plan);
- Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured record system for relevant CM processes and transactions;
- Contribute to or maintain entrusted project documentation such as BRN (Baseline Release Note), CISL, DRL and DRDs where requested;
- Support preparation formal CM requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
- Support technical and non-technical project reviews by managing the relevant documentation in tools and provide product CM expertise;
- Register, distribute and archive documents, as well as provide of reproductions of documents and media;
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archive and storage locations and align this information in the Documentation and Configuration Management System database;
- Generate and maintain the documentation and configuration tracking lists;
- Support the management of the User Account List to the Directorate’s servers and services.
- Documentation Handling and other support tasks:
- Support users for entering and retrieving documents from various Documentation and Configuration Management related server systems (internally and externally);
- Liaise with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues;
- Support to the analysis of CM related KPIs for internal and external activities including monitoring of application and maturity of configuration control methods, procedures and standards including identification of improvements.
- Master in Engineering or equivalent university degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience preferably in Configuration Management;
- Experience in handling Sensitive Information;
- Expertise in applying and configuring at least one PLM, asset management or CM process relevant tool such as Windchill, Jira, SAP, Eclipse, Hardcat, WAND, ClearCase/ClearQuest;
- Expertise in applying at least two CM process relevant standards such as ECSS-M-ST-40C, NASA IVV-10, CM-II-100, ITIL, SAE EIA-649, DOD-STD, MIL-STD, ISO 10007, IEEE Std-828, SEI-CMMI;
- Knowledge of industrial product data representation such as ISO 10303;
- Proficient in MS Office packages with experience of high-level Project Administration;
- Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS) is considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and document management tools is an advantage;
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.