Are you specialized in configuration management and you are looking for a new challenge? Octagon Professionals is currently looking for an experienced professional to join Earth Observation Department in European Space Agency (ESTEC).
You will support specifically the Earth Explorers Programme and work across different projects. Initially the split will be 50% EarthCARE, 20% Altius and the rest will be devided on Flex and Aelous. As such you will liaise on a daily basis with various members of your Projects and report to the Product Assurance Managers and Project Managers.
- Acting as the focal Configuration and Documents management expert within Earth Explorers to support the definition and maintenance of the project CM Processes and tools, to ensure exchange of experience and to promote some degree of standardization;
- Contribute towards the project CADM plans and monitor CM performance (together with the Product Assurance Managers);
- Organise Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) for the disposition of RFWs, RFDs and configuration change requests / proposals. Specific tasks include;
- Keeping Plato/Eclipse updated with new RfW/RfDs, project specific information and latest RfW/RfD status;
- Notifying the CCB members and the experts/specialists for an evaluation of the RfW/RfD;
- Preparing the draft MoM, a list of RfWs to be discussed and signed at the CCB;
- Recording the outcome of the meeting and publishing signed MoMs;
- Communicating outcome of CCB to parties involved;
- Downloading processed RfW/RfDs into the documentation system;
- Processing of DCNs;
- Control the evolution of the Project Baseline Requirements and the provision of traceability for the changes;
- Set up and coordinate Project Reviews to ensure the availability of the Data package and manage the RID/eRID System;
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of adequate configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with applicable standards/requirements;
- Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured configuration record system;
- Assist in the preparation of project audits;
- Perform Data collection, extraction from different Corporate applications (e.g. PRISMA, Eclipse, Plato) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis;
- Support users in retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry, out of paper archives, other sources like ESTEC library, scanned documents on CD-ROM or via Internet, etc.;
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Product Assurance and Project Managers The contractor is expected to be or become quickly familiar with the Agency’s internal IT tools needed for the conduct of his/her tasks.
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering or Configuration Management;
- At least 4 years of previous relevant practical working experience;
- Proficient in MS Office packages with experience of high level Project Administration;
- Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS);
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management tools is an advantage;
- Experience with ESA and Earth Observation projects is an advantage;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule;
- Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the outside world (e.g. Industry);
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.