Are you a Cost Engineer? Do you have experience in industrial contract negotiation?
We are looking for a Cost Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Preparation of cost estimates in support of ESA projects, based on technical, programmatic, and procurement information.
- Analyses of industrial contractor estimates and prices.
- Participation in Tender Evaluation Boards and associated cost related panels.
- Participation in ESA project reviews.
- Support for industrial contract negotiations.
- Cost engineering tasks in Concurrent Design Facility studies.
- Projects data collection, analysis, normalization and entry into the existing Cost Engineering database;
- Cost model development. This includes cost, schedule, and risk aspects.
- Cost Estimates including schedule and cost risk estimates.
- Provision of Cost Estimate reports according to the ESA standards.
- Accountability records consisting of comparing in a structured manner the external estimates and prices versus the internal estimates.
- Benchmarking and calibrating internal and external cost models.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent.
- Ability to readily assimilate input data and providing timely output.
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry.
- Reliability, objectivity, thoroughness, and initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of ESA and its programs and projects is an asset.
- Broad knowledge of current developments in the space industry.
- Basic economics knowledge.
- System engineering skills are a benefit.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.