Are you an Engineer with experience in the space sector? Are you familiar with the design and engineering of safety critical systems?
We are looking for Dependability & Safety Support Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and participation in safety reviews.
- Support preparation and preliminary assessment of Safety Data Package for Safety Authority approval.
- Support R&D activities (e.g. TRP, GSP, GSTP, CDs Dossiers etc).
- Participate in collaborative activities with universities, research institutes and industry (scouting, Research Fellowship, NPI etc.).
- Support organisation of conferences and workshops.
- Contribute to continual improvement of the RAMS Toolbox.
- Support preparation of training courses and materials.
- Contribute to establishing project-specific programmatic and technical dependability and safety requirements within the framework of the ESA Product Assurance & Safety baseline.
- Support to projects in the evaluation and monitoring of Contractor’s plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the dependability and safety programs.
- Support for the concurrent design facility (CDF) studies by performing technical risk assessment and relevant dependability and safety analyses.
- Evaluation of dependability and safety analyses, technical notes, technical risk assessments, risk reduction processes and the associated preventive or corrective actions.
- Defining and controlling the implementation of the applicable dependability and safety-related acceptance requirements including risk acceptance criteria.
- Support dependability and safety verification activities, including hazard close-out and disposition of related NCR, RFW and Critical Items.
- Participating in project reviews to assess compliance with the applicable RAMS requirements and to formulate accept/reject recommendations.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Relevant experience of application of RAMS engineering to space programs, including in ground and/or ground-based systems and operations.
- Experience in the design and engineering of safety-critical systems.
- Hands-On knowledge of the RAMS analyses and methodologies (Hardware and Software), preparation of relevant RAMS documentation during the overall project life-cycle and application of ECSS dependability and safety standards.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset
- Experience in dependability and safety engineering management processes and objectives and experience during operations is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ground safety and projects assistance in obtaining the relevant launch centre safety certification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-178C “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification” and related certification schemes, and experience in interfacing certification authorities is an asset.
- Knowledge of EU Safety Directive as “Directive 98/37/EC Machinery”, Directive 99/92/EC Risk from Explosive Atmospheres”, “Directive 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment” and other safety directives relevant for space is an asset.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate RAMS tools is an advantage.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Application deadline: Friday, the 19th of July
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.