Are you a specialist in Dutch labor Law? Do you speak English and Dutch? If yes, read further!
Our client, a global software vendor specialized in the creation of cutting-edge productivity-enhancing tools for software developers and teams is looking for a dedicated Employment Lawyer with solid knowledge of Dutch labor Law.
In this role, you will help the legal team in Amsterdam to support local entities and their operations, with a particular focus on the following tasks:
- Counseling HR and other colleagues on various matters related to employment and labor law, including, among other things, legal issues involving interviewing candidates for a job position, making offers to or rejecting candidates, hiring candidates, amending and terminating employment agreements, handling employee data according to the GDPR policy.
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements and amendments.
- Being responsible for managing the legal relationship with contractors.
- Consulting with colleagues on matters related to the works council.
- Helping HR maintains and updates the company’s Employee Handbook, as well as various policies and protocols.
- Participating in and reviewing RI&E assessments, and completing related documents.
- Offering support from a legal perspective to a prevention officer who ensures safety on the work floor.
- Keeping track of legislative amendments relevant to the company, updating colleagues about them when necessary, and conducting training for the HR department and management.
- Advising with respect to employment inquiries from governmental institutions.
- Communicating with legal colleagues from other offices and participating in cross-group projects related to labor law.
- University degree in Dutch law, with outstanding academic qualifications.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a global company, preferably in the IT sector, or in a specialized law firm.
- Considerable experience and broad knowledge of Dutch employment law and regulations.
- Fluency in English and Dutch (written and spoken), knowledge of Russian would be an asset.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a large and complex structure with varying priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to multitask, prioritize, and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.