Are you a professional with knowledge of the space industry? Do you have great communication skills and experience handling projects?
We are looking for an Engineering support for Incentive Scheme who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Supporting the focal points of one or more the European Cooperating States (ECS) for the preparation, initiation and implementation of the relevant actions pertinent to each State and associated measures. These will include assistance in the review of proposals, preparation of TEB reports, follow up of contract status and deliverables and the preparation of presentations;
- Supporting Associate Member State(s), ensuring they are informed of internal ESA processes and opportunities, coordinating with other programs, supporting training courses and arranging country-specific events;
- Supporting studies and surveys and maintaining databases of NMS/ECS/AS capabilities for their relevance to ESA programmes;
- Supporting ESA training initiatives in NMS, ECS and AS;
- Supporting the assessment of the industrial and academic capabilities and competencies in ECS and AS;
- Acting as Technical Officer for the running of small activities in ECS and AS;
- The work involves addressing several application and technology domains and implies numerous interfaces with Staff across all ESA; Directorates and with entities from the NMS, ECS and AS;
- Participating actively in the Division meetings.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent, preferably space-related or Science.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Familiarity and experience in the R&D area and technology development processes, in particular in the space sector, is a distinctive advantage.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the different ESA Programmes and European space industry, as well as ESA’s internal processes, will be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Programme/Project management and control methods and tools.
- Autonomy, authority and ability to interface with ESA staff at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Rigour, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle a high workload.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel.
- Familiarity with modern electronics office automation tools (e.g.Microsoft Office suite).
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Application deadline: Tuesday, 23rd of July
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.