Are you a professional with experience in Fixed Assets? Do you have a Master’s degree and at least 4 years of relevant working experience?
We are looking for a Fixed Asset Administrator who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Collect capital expenditure information, analyses nature and review supporting documentation to determine eligibility for capitalization as construction and development assets;
- Monitor in close cooperation with the Directorates, all financial and non-Financial modifications to Fixed assets in compliance with ESA internal policies and procedures;
- Support the Directorates for performing the periodic physical inspection of fixed assets, reviewing the results, conducting necessary follow up and accounting adjustments;
- Based on the information provided by the Directorates, perform accounting for equipment disposals, impairments;
- Reconcile property, equipment and intangible assets sub-ledgers to General Ledger;
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and closeout those accounts once the related projects have been completed;
- Maintain fixed assets master data in the corporate database;
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation;
- Provide timely support to project teams on matters related to fixed assets acquisition, development and or management.
- Any other ad-hoc queries as assigned.
- Master Degree in finance/accounting or equivalent qualification;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Consistent and relevant working experience in the domain of Fixed Asset;
- Solid experience and excellent understanding of IFRS/IPSAS, in particular, IPSAS 17 and IPSAS 31;
- Management / Accounting in a multinational company with long term development projects;
- Ability to interface with technical owners of fixed assets and willingness to understand their perspective;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to work well in a team;
- Strong knowledge of SAP FI-AA and MS Excel;
- Experience working in a high-volume environment and/or with multiple business lines;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.