Octagon Professionals is looking for a motivated part-time HR Administrator for one of our esteemed clients based in Schiphol-Rijk. The post holder will be working alongside the Executive Assistant, who is also the HR focal point in the organization. He or she will perform back-office administration tasks and be responsible for HR processes and procedures.
Our client is a Dutch foundation providing regulatory training courses in multiple fields of aviation to help improve aviation safety worldwide and promote the understanding of existing and new European and international aviation regulations. The role offers an international work environment in an organization with an enthusiastic and dedicated team and potential for growth in the HR role. It also gives flexibility on the distribution of hours and the possibility to build up to a full-time job with time.
- Keeping the overall HR File System up-to-date, and proposing improvements for its efficiency and better structure;
- Scanning and filing various documents for the HR files;
- Assisting with administration during recruitments, as per the company’s Recruitment Protocol;
- Assisting with onboarding of new employees as per company procedures;
- Assisting with contract set-up and contract renewals of staff;
- Assisting with monthly salary reports, including mutations (i.e. changes to staff travel costs, on-call hours, records in the lunch lists etc.);
- Maintaining the staff vacation/leave system as per company policy: including keeping track of employee hours, leave requests and approvals;
- Assisting with filling out authorized forms for staff (e.g. “werkgeversverklaringen” etc.);
- Reporting illness/illness-recovery as per company procedures;
- Assisting with providing guidance/tracking/counseling in illness cases, including preparing and submitting the required paperwork and communicating with the organization’s Insurance Company and with UWV;
- Assisting with keeping track of authorized changes and performing editorial work for the Employee Handbook;
- Assisting with the administration of the Employee Performance Review (EPR) System;
- Taking notes, preparing minutes and drafting reports upon request by the HR Focal Point (i.e. during staff meetings, recruitment interviews etc.);
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to the current HR procedures and processes;
- Assisting with some checks for approvals of various invoices;
- Circulating staff birthday cards in line with a reminding system;
- Implementing (future) internal newsletters for staff;
- Implementing and managing Programs for staff with minimum to no costs, with a focus to strengthen the company’s core values and team-building;
- Promoting a positive atmosphere in the office (i.e. stopping by the offices with “positive vibes”, preventing gossiping and negative behavior, stimulating support towards the company’s policies and senior management etc.);
- Taking on any other relevant tasks as assigned by the HR Focal Point in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree level education, preferably in HR or related area;
- At least 2-3 years’ experience with HR;
- Working knowledge of the Dutch employment law; proactively keeping up-to-date with changes to the Dutch employment law;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Working knowledge of Dutch also preferred;
- Experience with note-taking and transcribing into proper reports;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Self-starter, proactive and independent;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- Diplomatic, along with a pleasant, professional and upright attitude;
- High level of confidentially due to access to personal and sensitive files;
- Enthusiastic, strong personal commitment and strong social skills;
- Respectful and supportive of company policies;
- Presentable and professional dress code;
- Flexible, versatile, creative and dedicated;
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize and to meet deadlines.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.