Are you an ambitious HR professional looking for an opportunity for rapid growth? Do you want to play an instrumental role in professionalizing and implementing HR best practices? Do you have the ambition to grow into an HR business partner? If so, read further!
A maritime company is looking for an HR Generalist to join their headquarters in Amsterdam. The HR Generalist will serve as a “point of first contact” for all of the company’s shore-based employees.
- Responsible for handling employee contracts and making sure contracts are compliant with local regulation;
- Assisting and guiding new employees with the relocation process, when applicable, and supporting with all the logistics;
- Handling all personnel issues that may arise with the employees;
- Manage the appraisal process including developing performance databases and researching compensation packages and benchmarks;
- Assist in career development, team building, training (and succession planning) of employees;
- Stay updated with all relevant employee legislations.
- Monitoring employees’ attendance in Amsterdam and Mumbai offices, alerting employees and HODs for any late arrival/absence from office include sick leave in accordance with company policy and as per local law, communicating with company doctor when required;
- Responsible for preparing yearly HR events and plan in accordance with yearly budget;
- Book transportation, accommodations, visa for company guests, etc.
- Assist senior management with any relevant matter and other ad hoc duties and tasks when assigned.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources Administration or a related field;
- Possess an excellent understanding of HR “best practice” policies including employment law;
- Well versed with Microsoft Office applications and databases;
- Excellent command of the English Language both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity with a service-oriented attitude;
- Ability to negotiate and mediate, as well as to discipline.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.