Are you an IT professional with a Master’s degree and at least 4 years of experience? Do you have experience with ICT vendors? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
We are looking for an ICT Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Reporting to the Corporate Business Process Manager, the ICT Engineer is responsible for the optimal selection of ICT suppliers and ICT products to ensure the best use of resources and technology for the Agency.
- Overseeing ICT market trends with a focus on IT Infrastructure providers for Computer Hardware, Software and networking products.
- Analysis and assessment of trends in the ICT market, build and maintain a relationship with ICT market leaders to understand and report on innovative technology to the management.
- Monitoring the product line up and future product roadmaps of exiting ITC suppliers for the agency.
- Analyze and utilize for the agency the competitive developments of key ICT vendors in the market.
- Engage in regular meetings with ICT vendors and suppliers for price negotiations.
- Issue Request for Quotations and Tenders to test the ICT market and select the optimal suppliers for the agency.
- Participate in Tender evaluation to support the board while the selection of suppliers.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience with ICT vendors.
- Deep knowledge of the ICT market, with a specific focus on IT Infrastructure products like PC, Laptops, Servers, Workplace related Software.
- Understanding of Enterprise grade ICT products.
- An aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international and challenging environment.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.