Are you a professional with a Master’s degree and auditing experience? Do you have up to 4 years of experience? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
We are looking for an Industrial Cost Analyst Support who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Preparatory analysis and calculation of industrial hourly labour rates and overheads; unit rates (such as facility charges); and other overheads, on the basis of detailed reviews carried out on the company’s costs structure and accounting tools.
- Preparatory analysis and review of direct expenditure on cost reimbursement contracts and/or co-funded contracts including compliance with ESA rules.
- Support on specific financial viability audit/tasks, on the basis of detailed reviews carried out on the company’s financial data.
- Support on specific nationality audit/tasks in order to get/analyse the appropriate documents on the basis of established processes and criteria for nationality attribution.
- Support on specific audit/tasks related to the verification of geographical return data.
- Support on audits carried out in Direct Support to Programs, including a detailed analysis and review of industrial contractual documents.
- Coordination, processing and reporting of timely feedback to initiators making requests through the internal systems (e.g. PARI) on financial matters e.g. currency exchange, price variation formulae, productivity, inflation, hourly rates etc.
- Support to the preparation / finalization of the auditor’s handbook.
- Support in the review, optimization and implementation of audit processes and procedures.
- Support with the creation of a database for the bench marking of hourly rates across all Member States.
- Support in the day-to-day audit activities, including preparing concise and accurate documentation (e.g. draft audit reports), analysis of data, collection of information.
- Support on other audit tasks / projects as requested to the Section.
- Liaise directly with Cost Auditors and contact with Executive/Senior Industry representatives, ESA and Industry Project Management teams, ESA contracts officers, ESA finance & cost engineer functions and auditors of other National Audit Authorities
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in accountancy, audit, finance, economics, or related business studies.
- Up to 4 years of progressive experience of audit in a large accountancy practice and /or relevant commercial audit experience.
- Seeking opportunities to develop his/her own expertise, being proactive and results/metrics driven.
- Ability to express ideas verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise and professional manner using appropriate business and technical language.
- Demonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues and discuss conclusions.
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Application deadline: Thursday, 21st of March
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.