Are you a young professional, looking to start your career in the trading industry? Do you want to join a fast-growing local team of an esteemed global trading company and be part of their success in Europe? If so, then this opportunity might be the next career step you are looking for.
Our client, an international raw material distribution company, is looking for a motivated Junior Trader to join their team in Amsterdam. By joining a growing business, you will have a more and more significant role as the business develops with opportunities for growth. Are you ready to take on a new challenge? Read more below and apply!
Your responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Conduct market research;
- Research and actively approach new suppliers and customers;
- Negotiating contracts (both internally and with clients);
- Customer service e.g. handling any problems that may arise after a contract is fixed;
- Support in the process of sales and purchase from negotiation to payment.
- A university level degree, preferably in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field is a plus;
- At least one year of experience in B2B business is an advantage;
- Fluency in English is required. Strong working knowledge of French, Spanish and/or German would be strongly preferred;
- A basic/conversational knowledge of Japanese would be a benefit;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office package);
- High sense of responsibility and ability to take the initiative to move on an individual level;
- Willingness to learn and share ideas towards improving working methods;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to different environments and changing markets is essential;
- Ability to work under pressure, managing time efficiently and prioritising effectively;
- Willingness to travel, both in the Netherlands and abroad (Europe).
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.