Are you a legal professional with a strong affinity with commercial matters? Do you have several years of experience dealing with commercial contracts, drafting tenders, master service agreements, and transactional activities? If yes, please read further.
Our client is an international company in the information management industry providing research and shared technology services. They are now looking for a Legal Counsel for their EMEA head office based in Leiden.
- Working closely with the General Counsel to plan, direct, execute, and advise on sales and corporate-related legal affairs in a fast-paced legal and business environment for several offices in EMEA and occasionally APAC region;
- Provides legal support to EMEA offices, with a primary focus on sales agreements (prepares and negotiates tender responses and sales contracts) and other commercial transactions;
- Supporting the global enterprise on Legal Department global priorities, including business, corporate, and compliance matters (for example, shareholder resolutions and privacy compliance support);
- Participates in Benelux Management Committee for the purposes of staying informed, giving advice, and coordinating legal matters with the Legal Department;
- Competently counseling and working with business partners and managers regarding legal risks, solutions, and alternatives;
- Reviews, comments and makes recommendations to the VP and Managing Director EMEA & APAC and the General Counsel;
- Manage 3 FTEs in the corporate secretary department reporting directly to the Legal Counsel EMEA.
- Master’s Degree in (business) Law or another relevant degree;
- 5+ years’ experience as an in-house Legal Counsel in an international organization, working for EMEA region;
- Experience dealing with GDPR/Privacy related aspects in commercial contracts, preferably in an IT firm;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English. German is a big plus;
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
- Good business and commercial knowledge; International mindset; Good legal drafting and negotiating skills, high standards of accuracy, customer focus, effective communicator and problem solver;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong work ethic and ownership mentality;
- Organization and planning: Ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time, and develop work plans to accomplish tasks and/or projects;
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Competitive salary;
- Pension plan;
- 26 holiday days per year;
- Attractive benefits and many development opportunities;
- A challenging and rewarding role in a professional team in an innovative and international organization.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.