Are you a highly skilled and enthusiastic professional in the field of marketing communications and product marketing? Do you have a passion for building a strong corporate brand identity that generates concrete leads and sales? Octagon professionals is looking for a dynamic and experienced Marketing and Communications Officer for its office in Hoofddorp. In the role, the post holder will play a major role in positioning the organization as a leader in the aviation market.
Our client is a Dutch foundation providing regulatory training courses in multiple fields of aviation to help improve aviation safety worldwide and promote the understanding of existing and new European and international aviation regulations. The role offers an international working environment, in an organization with an enthusiastic and dedicated team as well as plenty of other benefits.
Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Independently develop and carry out all marketing communication, both internally and externally;
- Build and rollout lead generation campaigns by targeted communication to the different segmented groups via different channels;
- Develop, and keep up to date, all content, such as newsletters, social media messages1, publications, press releases, website content, company presentations and other (marketing) material e.g. brochures and leaflets;
- Maintain, improve and update the website and its content2, focusing on continuously increasing interaction and engagement;
- Monitor, measure, analyze and report on marketing communications, including social media and website;
- Seek opportunities for building a strong corporate brand identity and coordinate publicity events. This may include traveling to participate in international aviation events such as symposia, conferences etc;
- Seek opportunities to feature content in relevant media and develop related content;
- Coordinate, control, maintain, and expand the portfolio of the Library, including subscriptions;
- Coordinate promotional merchandise: research and propose ideas including suppliers and liaise with Facilities Manager for ordering;
- Propose/calculate and keep track of the yearly marketing budget, in liaison with Financial Manager;
- Carry out analyses and reports: market analysis, trend analysis, competitor analysis, customer needs etc;
- Establish a relationship with customers/course-participants and instructors for generation of customer reference material;
- Includes carrying out interviews, taking pictures, editing photos (Canvas, filter Festive), designing layout for Instagram/Facebook and Twitter/LinkedIn, creating videos for YouTube channel, purchasing/downloading photos (iStock, Adobe, Canvas, Free images), scheduling in Hootsuite etc;
- Includes constantly posting high-quality engaging articles and press releases; maintaining and updating the existing catalogue for prompt download; editing product descriptions etc;
- Responsible for an up to date CRM database for marketing communication purposes.
- Minimum University (bachelor) degree in marketing, communications, journalism etc. Master’s degree preferable;
- Minimum 1-2 years’ relevant experience in the field of Product Marketing and Marketing Communications, no starter. Experience in the Aviation industry is an advantage;
- Able to translate strategic decisions into concrete marketing communication actions;
- Native English speaker with excellent writing skills;
- A strong understanding, knowledge and multiple years relevant hands-on work experience in the field of online and inbound marketing as well as PR;
- Excellent knowledge of all communications trends, including hands-on experience with Social Media, Video Marketing, Customer Journey and Value Proposition;
- Excellent and diplomatic communication skills, both verbal and written, within a multi-cultural environment;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, creative and persuasive writing skills for online and offline marketing activities;
- Able to create content e.g. texts/pictures/videos independently, without the need for professional photo-, videographer or graphic designer;
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO/SEA, Mailchimp, Content Management Systems, and Social Media Publishing & Management tools. Skilled in Adobe tools and InDesign/Photoshop;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ambitious, with leadership skills;
- Commercially inclined and opportunistic-oriented;
- Organized and able to work independently, take initiative, work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Capable of gathering – independently – the required knowledge of the organization and of the market in order to fulfill the job satisfactorily and to be a ‘trusted’ person for customers and prospects;
- Enthusiastically result oriented with a service- and customer satisfaction-minded nature.