Are you a professional with experience in building construction and/or building maintenance or in the coordination of Facility Management projects?
We are looking for a Multidisciplinary Project Coordination Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
Under the direct authority of the Head of the ESTEC Facility Management (FM) Infrastructure Section, you will be responsible for the coordination of FM general-purpose infrastructure projects, including the following activities:
- Preparation of programme of requirements for the initiation of projects, of project initiation documents and project plans including forecast about budget and manpower resource needs, of statements of works and technical description, of feasibility studies and business cases, and the request and delivery of the necessary permits;
- Preparation and active support to the ESA Technical Officer in the procurement of general-purpose infrastructure activities including the preparation of tender documents including technical specifications, the participation in tender evaluation boards, the review of tender offers, the negotiation and selection of contractors for the execution of the activities;
- Reviewing conceptual studies, technical experts’ inputs and/or engineering studies (e.g. concept designs, preliminary designs, technical notes) related to general-purpose infrastructure projects or related to the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities which are outsourced to an external company;
- Ensuring the proper coordination and execution of general-purpose infrastructure project activities by outsourced contractors, including the monitoring of all related activities, the compliance to the applicable norms and legislations, the compliance to the project requirements and schedule, the organization and reporting of project reviews, the control of the performance of the contractors, the maintenance of a project library and documentation, the follow- up/coordination of changes to the project scope, and the review of payments;
- Coordinating the commissioning and acceptance of the works upon project delivery, preparing the close-out of the projects, including the follow up of eventual non-conformance items, preparing acceptance certificates, reviewing and archiving ‘as-built’ documentation;
- Take over the coordination of activities of another project coordinator, during his/her absence.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Facilities Engineering or in Electrical Engineering;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience and a proven capability in building construction and/or building maintenance or in the coordination of Facility Management projects;
- Sound analytical skills: can analyze any technical issue or infrastructure installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement, or repair;
- Hand-on technical as procedure thinking skills, and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team;
- Experience of ESA tender rules & procedures and of international procurement methodology would be an asset.
- Good planning and organizational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. Good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.