Are you a seasoned professional with a Master’s degree and at least 4 years of experience? Do you have experience in the coordination of Facility Management projects?
We are looking for a Multidisciplinary Project Coordination Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications (ECSAT) in Harwell, United Kingdom. If that sounds like an exciting next step in your career, read more and apply today!
You will be providing electrical, mechanical, civil and maintenance engineering support to the ECSAT Site Manager. It relates to management support of an outsourced performance based FM hard services contract covering the maintenance and operation of the ECSAT site, as well as support to small projects in the civil, mechanical and electrical domains.
- Supervision, review and quality control of the annual preventive maintenance plan as prepared and performed by the outsourced Maintenance Company operation on site;
- Supervision and quality control of the preventive and corrective maintenance activities performed by contractor companies on site, and assessing the quality of the performed works against the agreed quality levels;
- Provision of support for the project management related to the Facilities Management domain:
- Preparation of the technical description of the work to be performed;
- Launching the procurement process via tender or purchase in collaboration with the procurement/contract team in ESA;
- Support to the bid evaluation and negotiation;
- Technical, Financial and timeline monitoring of the implementation phase.
- Active support to the investigation and analysis of technical failures, identification of corresponding technical solutions and participation to the quality control of the implemented remedial actions;
- Support to roll-out of the ECSAT CIFM database and upkeep of the data;
- Ad-hoc support to ECSAT Site Manager.
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Facilities Engineering or in Electrical Engineering;
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, including at least 2 years of experience in building infrastructure and facility management;
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation in the UK;
- Sound analytical skills – ability to analyse any technical issue or infrastructure installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, team spirit, with a real capability and willingness to learn and work in an international environment.
- An excellent command of the English language is required, as well as good knowledge of MS Office software applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), MS Project and Lotus Notes;
- Ability to work with the CIFM based on Archibus software is considered an asset;
- Experience of ESA tender rules and procedures is considered an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.