Octagon Professionals is constantly looking for the top talent available, who have a passion for space and/or space technology and is interested to join Octagon for projects at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, The Netherlands (ESTEC).
ESTEC is a driven and technically strong organization, which seeks further additions to their teams in highly qualified, experienced professionals with an open mind, who can act independently and have the courage to challenge the limits and deliver the greatest value.
If you have over 4 years of relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join the technical ‘heart’ of European space activities, let us know!
Please contact us for further information on +31 (0) 70 3249 300 and/or send your application/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
The multidisciplinary project coordinator sets up projects involving mainly electrical, mechanical and civil fields of expertise. Proceeds to the procurement according to the ESA procedures and rules:
- Preparation of the technical description of the work to be performed in coordination with the users (laboratories and/or test centre).
- Launching the procurement process via tender or purchase in collaboration with the contract department of ESA.
- Support to evaluation of the bids and negotiation with the recommended contractor.
The project coordinator shall be responsible for the implementation phase:
- Organisation, monitoring and follow-up of the work.
- Cost control of the projects according to ESA budgets.
- Delivery of the project according to ESA Acceptance Procedures
- Provide ESA/ESTEC warnings of serious deviations or variations that may compromise project results.
- Supervision, review and quality control of the annual preventive maintenance plan prepared and performed by the outsourced Maintenance Company operating on site.
- Supervision and quality control of the preventive and corrective maintenance activities performed by contractors companies on site assessing the quality of the performed works against the agreed quality levels.
- Provision of technical support for the management of projects related to the Facilities Management domain (e.g. technical infrastructure installation renewal, facility refurbishment, new installation or new construction).
- Analysis of technical failures and identification of corresponding technical solutions.
- Provision of support for the preparation of programmes of requirements in consultation with the facility end-users and for the production of the relevant technical specifications.
- Provision of support for the preparation of domain specific installations’ inspection programme and propose modifications/upgrades to be completed.
- Provision of technical expertise and consultancy support on all present and foreseen systems notably with regards to their maintenance, repair, overhaul, improvement, upgrade or replacement as well as systems safety-related matters.
- Master’s Degree and at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Proven record in ensuring project cost control.
- Good knowledge of ESTEC Site and Infrastructure is needed to perform activities in satellite tests and laboratories.
- Good planning and organisational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment.
- Ability to work with the following software packages: Microsoft XP operating system, CIFM based on Archibus software, MS Word, Access, Excel and Projects, Lotus Notes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a talent for negotiating and problem-solving.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines under demanding circumstances in an environment of diverse cultures.
- Experience of ESA tender rules & procedures and international procurement technology would be an asset.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.