Are you a seasoned professional, looking for the next step in your career? Are you experienced with operational duties connected to HR and procurement management? Our client, a NGO institution located in Amsterdam, is seeking a motivated Operations Officer to join their team!
As an Operations Officer, you will lead the operations of the European Union (Netherlands, Estonia, Lithuania, Greece, Portugal, UK) project sites, support the development and implementation of work scopes aimed and enhance the program performance and expansion. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of and adherence to operational, administrative, finance and HR policies and procedures and operation budgets. With that being said, you will have the opportunity to work along with the EU Programs Manager and support mainly in the procurement and human resources areas.
Your responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
Administrative related (EU wide):
- Providing direction and integrative coordination in the planning, development and implementation of the operational aspects of programs in EU countries;
- Ensuring the implementation and adherence to administrative, operational and finance policies and procedures;
- Supporting procurement and supply chain management of goods and supplies to supported health facilities and the EU program as a whole;
- Together with EU Program Manager, facilitating processes to identify areas of concern and improvement related to clinic and testing sites operations;
- Preparing, reviewing and administering contracts for service providers;
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services for EU programs and acts as a liaison between the company and vendors.
Finance and Procurement related (EU wide):
- Participating in annual budget development and management; monitoring of cash flow and variances in the program budgets together with EU Programs Manager;
- Reviewing monthly partners and site budgets in line with budgets and supports financial discipline in the utilization of funds;
- Providing financial support in review of accountabilities and disbursement of funds;
- Processing payment requests by seeking for approval for payment from LA Finance before disbursement of fund for each transactions;
- Assisting Europe Bureau Financial Manager in review of General Ledgers and variance reports and analyze cash flow forecasts;
- Maintaining a Fixed Assets register and prepare inventory reports.
Human Resources related (Europe Bureau wide):
- Participating in interviewing, hiring, orientation and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
- Maintaining organization staff by following the recruitment procedures, resourcing and interviewing and offer support to line managers on people related issues;
- Ensuring legal compliance to country labor laws by monitoring and implementing applicable HR policies and procedures, and update Europe Bureau Chief and HR HR Departments from time to time;
- Coordinating the process to identify and recruit staff, consultants and volunteers;
- Administering employment contracts, files and records in accordance with the company policies and procedures;
- Participating in staff performance appraisal processes;
- Participating in staff disciplinary hearings;
- Mentoring and guiding subordinate staff in problem solving issues.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Accounting, Public or Business Administration from a recognized University;
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in a field directly related to operational duties including HR Management, Finance & Admin, and Supplies & Procurement Management;
- Experience working in NGO’s or healthcare delivery systems will also be an added advantage;
- Fluency in English; Understanding of Russian language is desirable;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations;
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw interpret bar graphs;
- Proficiency with word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software;
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.