Are you a Product Technical Manager with experience in leading technical decisions related to laboratory and medical device product standardization and specifications? If yes, please read further!
Our client is a subsidiary of one of the leading international health consultancy organizations in the US. They help governments, non-profit organizations, and humanitarian agencies to achieve their public health goals through cost-saving procurement, efficient logistics, pharma-grade storage, last-mile delivery solutions, and real-time data tracking.
- Lead the development and implementation of the laboratory & diagnostics procurement and supply chain vision and strategy in collaboration with Sourcing & Contracts, QA, Supplier Engagement, Client Services, Logistics, and 4PL.
- Lead and manage product offerings and ensure that the organization is operating in coordination with quality and regulatory standards, client and organizational expectations, and an efficient procurement process.
- Develop strategy and processes around selection, updating, and standardizing product offerings.
- Lead harmonization activities to ensure that products selected by the PR are harmonized with relevant national policies and validated testing algorithms, working with Supplier Engagement.
- Ensure guidelines and standard operating procedures are established for development, implementation, and monitoring to maintain required conditions for the international, regional, or local procurement and delivery (including installation) of laboratory equipment across the supply chain in collaboration with QA.
- Collaborate and network with technical counterparts in donor/other organizations.
- Gather market analysis and identify public health trends, opportunities (next generation), and challenges that present implications to the supply chain.
- Disseminate & build technical knowledge within the organization and externally, e.g. white papers or communications pieces etc.
- Define catalog offerings, by defining specifications and reviewing new technical agreements with relevant Units.
- Provide technical assistance and consultation on products to all units, as requested.
- Contribute to business development efforts as requested.
- Lead and manage the unit in full accordance with the Quality Management System, policies, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Manage staff and unit performance at a global level and individual level and provide ongoing feedback.
- Develop and maintain an on-boarding training program and regular refresher training for internal teams, new hires, and external stakeholders for alignment on processes and SOPs.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical or Medical Laboratory Technology.
- 10+ years’ experience in laboratory technology, virology, microbiology, biochemistry, and/or hematology.
- 5+ years’ experience working in clinical laboratory services including experience with tests, equipment, reagents, and techniques required for the diagnosis and monitoring of COVID, HIV, TB, Malaria, Sexually Transmitted Infections, and Hepatitis B and C essential, including rapid diagnostics.
- 5+ years’ experience liaising with equipment manufacturers or their representatives to manage instrument warranties, repairs, and maintenance contracts.
- Experience with product catalog development.
- Experience working in laboratories in resource limited settings in Africa, Asia, or Latin America.
- Knowledge of global health programs for COVID, HIV, Malaria, and Tuberculosis.
- Knowledge of relevant donor logistics’ regulations.
- Willingness and availability to travel internationally up to 25%, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service. Fluency in English required; another business language preferred (French, Spanish, or Portuguese).
- Ability to prepare and deliver public presentations on laboratory and diagnostic product categories and related supply chain management.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and change management activities.
- Priority setting, problem solving, & detail orientation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills at a senior level with major international manufacturing companies.
- Strong organization skills with an eye for details, ability to plan, prioritize, and implement long range strategies in a fast moving, dynamic, and time-bound environment.