Are you a professional in the project management field? Do you have a master’s degree and at least 4 years of experience?
We are looking for a Project Controller who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- You will be responsible for the project control activities of Projects, within the Telecommunications Technologies, Product & Systems Dept (TIA-T), and will report to the Head of Management and Project Control Support Office.
- Preparation and maintenance of overall programmatic aspects of the project, i.e. cost, finance, documentation, progress control, and reporting, as well as risk-related aspects with the aim to provide full visibility on all aspects related to program resources.
- Implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, while ensuring compliance with established requirements for management reporting on cost, schedule, resources, and industrial return.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents or contract change with respect to management, cost and schedule/planning requirements, and participating in the evaluation of proposals, preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations, and participating in all tasks related to placing of contracts.
- Supporting the implementation and management of industrial contracts, monitoring assigned contracts with respect to cost, progress, invoicing, payments, industrial return, geo return, deviations from plans, and trends.
- Establishing and maintaining annual budgets, manpower planning, cost at completion, and geo return files.
- Monitoring financial commitments for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations.
- Administering of manpower, missions, and industrial procurements from a financial perspective (using WLMS tool) participating in reviews and progress meetings.
- Providing required programmatic, workforce, and financial data as well as support with analysis of such data as required preparing the regular programmatic and financial reporting to ESA management and national delegations.
- Supporting the risk management process.
- Implementing and maintaining the tools and the procedures for Project Documentation System.
- Master’s in engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, together with a project control background and experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in the aerospace industry.
- Experience in maintaining a Cost at Completion, anticipating, and highlighting areas of concern, initiating mitigation actions.
- Experience in the preparation of synthetic reports with deviations from plans and trends. This includes Industrial as well as Operational cost.
- Experience with the application of project management and project control principles related to the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements.
- Experience with industrial return forecasting and reporting is an asset.
- Experience in maintenance of a risk register, high-level schedule and document configuration control.
- Experience in project review and risk management processes.
- Experience in the analysis of business cases / 3rd party investments is an asset.
- Highly proficient with planning and project control tools (e.g. SAP, MS Excel, MS Project). Familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-P, Eclipse) is an asset.
- Excellent planning and organization skills and attention to detail, good judgment and a pragmatic approach.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule.
- Good sense of contacts and communications, ability to interface at an appropriate level with relevant actors within and outside of the Directorate.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!