Do you have experience in the Administration and Control of large projects?
We are looking for a Project Controller who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC).
You will deal with Project Control activities in the Earth Observation Business Unit Controlling Office in support to one or several mission(s) in the Earth Observation Projects Department and you will directly support the relevant project manager and you liaise closely with related services inside and outside the Directorate.
- Preparing, maintaining, and reporting on the overall programmatic aspects (cost, finance, schedule, industrial return, risk, forward-looking estimates and progress control as well as general project administration) of the project/missions, utilizing established procedures and financial/information systems;
- Cost At Completion (covering financial aspects of space segment, payload, launch, ground segment, LEOP and Agency manpower and provided services);
- Cost Plans & budget preparation covering industrial and operating including workforce-related costs;
- The financial status of industrial contracts including payment plans and internal costs, including overheads, for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- Industrial geographical return monitoring and forecast;
- For the above, active monitoring is expected, identifying and reporting trends, deviations to plans, potential problem areas and proposing remedial actions in coordination with the project manager(s);
- Supporting Project Manager(s) in preparing, administrating and monitoring of Project procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc…);
- Supporting Project Manager(s) in Contract/Change negotiations and Change Control/Review Boards; contributing to the preparation of contract change documents;
- Maintaining historical project databases and Project Plan Annexes;
- Interfacing with Industry counter-part on all financial and administrative matters of industrial contract(s) to ensure their compliance with established formal requirements;
- Supporting the Head of Office in executing the office’s duties, including participation in the definition and improvement of the project control procedures, computerized information and controlling systems;
- Support EOP Asset Manager in the accounting of ESA assets;
- Assist in the preparation of project(s) audits.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the Administration and Control of large projects, preferably in the engineering-driven organization.
- Experience in the use of planning and project control tools, and in budget and accounting software and databases.
- Candidates are expected to be result-oriented and have to demonstrate excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment. They must possess good judgment, integrity, and good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel is expected.
- Experience with ESA systems (e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.