Are you a professional Project Controller? Do you have a Master’s degree and working experience in a technical environment?
We are looking for a Project & Schedule Controller who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
You will act as a project controller for some of the Directorate’s new activities, reporting functionally directly to the project manager / technical officer and with an emphasis on the tasks listed below:
- Bring together information on the schedule, cost and risks to provide to the management an integrated view of the programmatic status of the Project.
- Support the Risk management process of the Projects.
- Assist the Project Managers and Technical Officers in the planning and tracking of the new PPP activities, and help define and implement customized procedures needed for these activities.
- Prepare, develop and maintain overall Cost at Completion (CAC), financial planning and associated reporting activities.
- Review and check the ESA internal expenditures including recharges, support services and purchases for consistency.
- Coordinate the Financial, Accounting and Fixed Asset Management activities of the project, and conduct its daily business in a manner that is fully IPSAS-compliant, interacting with the Agency’s Corporate Finance Division or the External Audit Commission.
- Participate in the evaluation of Industrial offers and CCNs, and preparation of Disposition Records.
- Participate in the financial closure of contracts once the activities are finalized.
- Project control tasks will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA such as Finance and Procurement Services, and outside of the Agency like for example our industrial partners.
The other main area of work will involve providing schedule management support to the main missions of the Directorate, as/when required.
- Emphasis on schedule analysis, participation in major tender evaluations of the directorate.
- Emphasis on schedule analysis, participation to the major technical reviews of the main projects in the Directorate.
- Support the projects in their schedule interactions with our main international partners.
- Assist the projects in the regular schedule control of its industrial consortium.
- Conduct specific ad hoc schedule analysis of HRE activities.
- Assist the HRE Project Control section in the design and implementation of new schedule control/progress monitoring techniques.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA or equivalent University degree.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in the aerospace industry.
- For some tasks, knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including advance usage of Excel (MS-Office and advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as a user of SAP and ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
- Familiarity with the techniques that allow the use of IT tools to provide active schedule management.
- Ability to interact professionally with technical personnel.
- Familiarity with the schedule peculiarities of spacecraft development would be an asset.
- Capability to summaries and present effectively complex information to colleagues or senior management.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.