Are you a seasoned PR specialist, with at least 3 years of experience in corporate communication, press relations and event organization? Do you have strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills and are driven by challenging situations? If yes, please read further!
Our client is a leading global telecommunication and consumer electronics manufacturer. Now, they are looking for an ambitious junior PR Manager to join their Public Affairs and Communication team in Brussels and assist the Senior Manager/Director with communication towards key company stakeholders.
- Planning, implementing and delivering programs to increase the Company’s profile;
- Support the Senior Manager/Director with maintaining and enhancing the ecosystem with Belgian partners and stakeholders to ensure trust and transparency;
- Support the Senior Manager/Director with managing company’s relationship with key stakeholders, with a focus on media, trade associations, and universities;
- Take the initiative to enhance the Company’s stakeholder ecosystem in Belgium;
- Advocate company’s vision and mission through daily engagement with third parties;
- Lead development and implementation of events in support of the Company’s advocacy campaigns.
- Liaises closely with colleagues in the Company’s other Public Affairs & Communication offices to ensure alignment in advocacy campaigns;
- Close cooperation with the Senior Manager/Director to develop campaigns and events, correspondence, briefings and Company’s responses to external developments;
- Develops processes to ensure successful and effective management of the contacts database;
- Maintains a current awareness of the Company’s vision and mission, key developments, advocacy campaigns, and events;
- Maintains close contacts with the business departments of Company’s Belgium office to support corporate strategic objectives;
- Assists the Senior Manager/Director in providing regular briefings for Senior Executives on campaigns, events and media interviews.
- Support with media engagement and communication activities;
- Represent Company towards universities and trade associations;
- Identifies and develops contacts with key opinion makers to confirm the Company’s identity, in line with the company’s strategy;
- Initiates, coordinates and participates in the Company’s awareness-raising and image-building events;
- Contributes to the Company’s corporate campaigns through participation in cross-department and cross-country teams;
- Represents Company at own and third-party events, mainly in Belgium but sporadically abroad (the other EU Members States and China).
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Public Relations, Communication or advocacy-related field;
- 3-5 years of professional experience in corporate communication campaigns, press relations, and event organization;
- Demonstrated awareness of global ICT Industry related issues;
- Willing to travel abroad to represent the Company at own or third-party events (1-2 times per year).
- Strong presentation and written communications skills in English, French, and Dutch;
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, organize and articulate the mission and vision of an organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills; the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Team-oriented work style, with a pro-active, open-minded and flexible approach;
- Ability to operate within a corporate environment;
- High level of professional integrity and discretion;
- A high degree of computer literacy (Windows XP, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and the Internet).
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.