Are you a receptionist looking for a new challenge in a dynamic environment? Octagon Professionals is looking for a motivated receptionist for one of our esteemed clients based in Hoofddorp. The post holder will be the first contact point for many visitors arriving in the Netherlands from all over the world, for either courses or meetings.
Our client is a Dutch foundation providing regulatory training courses in multiple fields of aviation to help improve aviation safety worldwide and promote the understanding of existing and new European and international aviation regulations. If this has your interest, read more and apply today!
- Check and answer reception emails;
- Answer all external phone calls and convey messages to the relevant persons or departments;
- Open and close the buildings and welcome guests and trainers ensuring that they feel very welcome;
- Classroom and meeting room preparation;
- Prepare classrooms and/or meeting rooms prior to the relevant day(s) according to the procedures including name tags, books, and student gift package;
- On training course day and/or meeting days, ensure that all classrooms and/or meeting rooms are ready for use and that the trainers are logged in to the system, ready to teach the training course;
- Keep training rooms and public areas tidy;
- Responsible for all local trainer hotel bookings and any queries regarding the bookings;
- Assist staff with administrative support when needed;
- Assist guests with hotel shuttle bookings, course information and any other queries;
- Assist guest with registrations for e-exams;
- Assist the Marketing & Sales / Training Planning Department with sending of external book orders, via courier, to international destinations;
- Keep track of refrigerator stock, including keeping track of inventories and timely orders, together with the Office & Facilities Manager;
- Keep track of the reception log book’;
- Print certificates for participants at the end of each training course according to relevant procedures;
- Prepare outgoing postal mail each day;
- Assist with solving simple facility-related issues;
- Other incidental tasks as requested by the Office & Facilities manager and/or other Managers.
- Post-secondary education and a minimum of 3 years of experience in Receptionist functions;
- Excellent knowledge and command of English, both written and spoken. Dutch as an additional language at a similar level (or higher) is preferable;
- Sound knowledge of modern Windows systems and the Microsoft Office programs;
- Affinity for facility-related matters such as technical issues is an advantage;
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and anticipate critical situations;
- Service-oriented nature;
- Accurate and detail oriented, able to cope with stressful situations;
- Being flexible and able to work together with colleagues as a small team;
- Positive attitude towards participants, trainers, and colleagues;
- A willingness to help out where necessary;
- Proactive, punctual and reliable.