Octagon Professionals is constantly looking for the top talent available, who have a passion for space and/or space technology and is interested to join Octagon for projects at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, The Netherlands (ESTEC).
ESTEC is a driven and technically strong organization, which seeks further additions to their teams in highly qualified, experienced professionals with an innovative mind, who can think independently, act safely and have the courage to challenge the limits and deliver the greatest value.
If you have over 4 years of relevant experience and think you have what it takes to join the technical center/’heart’ of European space activities, let us know!
Please contact us for further information on +31 (0) 70 3249 300 and/or send your application/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- Support the ESA Safety Review Panel chairman in the conduct of ESA safety reviews for the certification of International Space Station systems and payloads.
- Provide technical support to projects for the interpretation of safety requirements and the preparation of the safety review data package.
- Perform ESA Safety Review Panel secretarial tasks for data package distribution, reviews planning and logistics, collection of reviewers inputs, issue of official ESRP minutes of meeting ensuring that they are executed according to the process requirements in SSP 30599 and the complementary ESA processes.
- Perform preliminary assessment of safety data package readiness for review.
- Track and process action items responses and safety verifications closeouts.
- Upload of documentation in NASA and ESA databases.
- Assess safety analyses and safety compliance data packages prepared by cargo items providers (industrial contractors, experimenters, National Agencies, ISS commercial users) and provide detailed written feedback.
- Support ESA in the review of ISS Change Requests relevant to Safety requirements.
- Execute any other safety engineering related task upon request of the ESA Technical Responsible.
- Provide support to the ESRP Chairperson for the aspect associated to the resolution of technical issues and conduction of safety reviews.
- Prepare the weekly report on the executed safety engineering activities.
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of the safety analyses and methodologies.
- Experience in human spaceflight safety with emphasis on the application of ISS safety requirements and processes and knowledge of ISS systems, subsystems and payloads would be an asset.
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Understanding of the hazards which are intrinsic of a system and /or induced by space operations, and the way they are eliminated or controlled.
- Knowledge of the way safety data is generated, validated and retained in support of the ISS programme safety certification.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices is an advantage.
- Capacity to handle complex situations and complex environment.
- Knowledge of system safety engineering principle, methods and processes.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.