Are you a sales professional with great social skills and you consider yourself a people-manager? Are you looking for a next step where you can build a high performance team, create and structure processes?
Octagon Professionals is looking for a Sales Manager to help the team ouf our client grow to a successful and motivated sales team. Once the initial phase is accomplished and new working environment is created, you would focus on sales and continue coaching the team members by being a role model.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead and guide a team of a few sales professionals:
- Supervise and support their work, give them hands-on guidance, engage and motivate them, build trust;
- Take responsibility for the department, guide the team how to work more more efficiently;
- Teach the team to understand the importance of discipline and of respecting procedures, company policies and superiors;
- Approve/decline days-off/remote-work/vacation requests from team members in accordance with company policies and taking into account the business’ priorities;
- Perform the periodical evaluations of all team members according to company policy;
- Teach the team to work with KPIs and revenue-targets;
- Interpret financial reports to the team and incite discussions to extract the most relevant and useful information for the department and the business;
- Organize and lead Team Meetings.
- Monitor the department’s KPIs and targets, implement measures and actions within the team to ensure these are being reached, and report weekly to the Financial Manager and the Director on status and progress;
- Prepare and implement guidelines related to the (new) work processes and procedures;
- Prepare revenue and activities reports (budgeting and forecasting figures) for the Financial Manager;
- Responsible for operationalizing the strategies thought-out by the Business Developer and Strategist and implement hands-on practice to make them operational;
- Together with the team, conduct competitor analyses periodically.
- A university degree in Sales, Leadership and Management, Business Administration,
- Min. 10 years of experience in sales plus experience in training/supervising the team;
- Fluent English language skills, Dutch would be considered an asset;
- Strong people-management and social skills as well as knowledge of organizational psychology are mandatory;
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members and monitor the execution;
- Extremely “hands-on”, willing to work together with the team and perform their work to generate trust, motivation and respect;
- Skilled to impose authority and take responsibility for the department and to solve issues/conflicts therein effectively;
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation comfortably but, most importantly, respectfully and professionally;
- Commercially- and client-oriented.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.