Octagon Professionals is an internationally focused Recruitment and HR firm celebrating 30 years of experience in human capital services, and we’re looking for a young and dynamic Social Media Intern to join our team in The Hague. Are you a tech-savvy university student with a passion for Social Media? Do you have a strong interest in marketing and branding and a desire to help shape the Social Media strategy for a fast-growing international company? If so, let’s get in touch!
What you’ll do:
- Assist with Octagon’s Social Media Community Management (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities;
- Increase the number of Octagon’s Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn followers by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates;
- Monitor and reply to Tweets from candidates and clients;
- Post Tweets on a daily basis (both job- and industry-related);
- Post updates to Octagon’s LinkedIn, Facebook and various other Social Media platforms;
- Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation;
- Posting updates to Octagon’s Facebook account;
- Build Facebook ‘likes’ by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns;
- Work with each team to create and send one company newsletter per month;
- Research free online directories to generate inbound links for SEO;
- Search for forums and directories that Octagon can use to generate in-bound links.
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled in university with a major in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy;
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
- An ability to prioritise work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.