Are you a professional with more than 4 years of experience in an international organization? Do you want to contribute to the projects run by the Industrial Policy section? Is your goal to work at a global leader in the space industry and gain new experience from real experts?
We are looking for Support Engineer to Industrial Policy, who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you are interested, apply now!
You will be supporting the Head of a section in the following tasks:
- Contributing to the systematic building of knowledge on the industrial landscape in Europe, on the competitive environment of the European industry and on the identification of industrial opportunities (critical technologies, items procured outside Europe, supply chain bottlenecks). It includes the monitoring technology developments in the concerned MS and follow-up on spin-in studies and the collection and processing of inputs relevant data sources, ESA Programmes, the New Member States Section, the SME Office, technical experts, the TEC Harmonization group, industry workshops and dialogue with the Primes;
- As country desk officer, ensuring the collection of information on the national industry (incl. visit industry) and the preparation of tailored support to the MS Delegations, to ESA programmes to and to industry;
- Supporting DG, Programmes Directorates and the Member States in the preparation to Space19+ on industrial policy related matters, especially with the preparation of specific inputs for bilateral meetings with Delegations;
- Supporting the advisory role of the Section to the Member States in the development of their space activities and industry (customized approach) by preparing OCC reports and recommendations to Delegations, including information coming from exchange with the Programmes, the NMS section, the SME Office, technical experts, the TEC harmonization team, industry workshops, dialogue with the Primes and spin-in studies;
- Support the improvement of analytical capabilities required for the related objectives of the Division, in particular:
- Supporting the establishment of a data collection and exploitation strategy and its implementation considering relevant data sources, such as eros, ESA star registration and tendering, new EMITS, OCC data, European product/competence database, ESA matchmaking tool, database of ESA experts and others;
- Supporting the review of existing and accessible data sources and tools under development in view of their exploitation;
- Supporting the definition and harmonization of requirements for the exploitation of existing data sources and supporting the development of new tools and databases allowing for coherent analyses exploiting various data sources;
- Supporting the facilitation of customized reporting for various different Industrial Policy files;
- Improving coordination, exchange of knowledge and coordinated reporting and knowledge base with the NMS Section, the SME Office and IPL-IA.
- Master’s degree preferably in Engineering field, Aerospace or Industrial Engineering. Master’s degree in Busines Administration would be an asset;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience in the development of space industry capability;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes);
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage;
- Excellent communication, planning & organizational skills, willingness to learn;
- Customer and service focus & results orientated attitude.
- Availability for short business trips (10 missions per year).
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Application deadline: Monday, 3rd of June
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.