We are looking for a Telecommunications System Security Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
Provide support to the Agency projects and programs in security, including:
- System security analysis, design, and associated tools: covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end-to-end system, including concepts, architecture, ground, space and hybrid ground/space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis.
- System security requirements definition and implementation, vulnerability and threat assessment, security engineering process lifecycle.
- Security technology, techniques design, and prototyping: covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering.
- Security accreditation and certification methodologies and processes.
- Security requirements derivation, design, implementation, and verification from an accreditation perspective.
- Project Risk analysis and assessment, supporting toolsets, accreditation processes, and methodologies, security standards.
- Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security, etc.
- Provide support to projects for the implementation of security inside the systems, perform/support an end to end security engineering, follow up security elements requirements derivation, design, implementation, and verification.
Provide support to project Infosec/Cybersecurity and accreditation engineering, such as:
- To perform/support project security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment during the life cycle of the project.
- To define specific project security, certification, and accreditation security requirements (HL SSRS /SISRS/Secops).
Provide support to projects and TEC for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles, and functions (PSSO, etc.) such as to:
- Support and act as competent PSSO/ISO/SOZ5 and other security roles for the ESA Security Regulation.
- Support awareness and training campaign on security process/policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the Agency’s R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation.
- Support to standardization bodies in the field of competence.
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- Specific knowledge in security engineering.
- Knowledge of space and ground systems architecture.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.